How to Apply: Undergraduate Program
- To apply to the University of Kentucky as a first-time, undergraduate student, visit the UK Admission Application where you will find the various applications you can complete.
- If you are an incoming international student, follow the instructions for a Transcript Evaluation.
- To apply to the University of Kentucky as a transfer student, visit 10 Steps to Becoming a Wildcat.
- For questions regarding transferring credits, please contact the Transfer center at 859-218-1724
- Students are assigned a Transfer Enrollment Coordinator by last name, visit the site for more information.
- To check course equivalents from other institutations, visit the University of Kentucky Transfer Information Page.
Admission to the Major
- Entrance Requirements
- Students who are a pre-human nutrition or pre-dietetics major can apply for major status when they have completed the DHN pre-major courses (BIO 148, CHE 105, CHE 107, CHE 111, CHE 113, DHN 212, and DHN 241) with a pre-major GPA of 2.8 or higher;
- Pre-dietetics majors must also have a cumulative GPA of 2.4 or higher.
- Application Process
- Application Deadlines:
- September 15th to be considered for Fall admission
- February 15th to be considered for Spring admission
- July 15th to be considered for Summer admission
- Exploratory Courses:
- DHN 101: Human Nutrition and Wellness, 3 credits
- DHN 212: Introductory Nutrition (section for non-majors), 3 credits