Passionate about Our Core Values
We are committed to being FIRST in Focus – Innovation – Respect – Success – Teamwork. The Department of Dietetics and Human Nutrition is a student-centered department and, with the assistance of many community-based partners, we offer a wide-range of academic and pre-professional practice programs.
- Focus on the contributions to excellence in learning, discovery, and engagement.
- Innovation in ideas will contribute to evidence-based best practices in the profession.
- Respect for others will allow service to others to be our highest priority.
- Success is reached by empowering all individuals to reach their full potential.
- Teamwork fosters partnerships between students, faculty, alumni, and community.
Our Students are FIRST in...
- Creativity, high achievements, and diversity.
- Valuing others and communities.
- Developing innovative solutions to make the world healthier.
- Leading sustainable approaches to reducing food waste and hunger.
- Traveling and presenting at conferences and summits.
- Research domestic and abroad.
Our Faculty are FIRST in...
- Their commitment to being accessible to students.
- Mentoring excellence in undergraduate and graduate research.
- Supporting education abroad opportunities.
- Excellence in teaching by engaging students in and out of the classroom.
- Writing widely used and successful Extension curricula.
- Optimizing the nation and world's health.
- Promoting access to healthy food from a sustainable food system.